This is a rich and satisfying easy chili recipe! It can be made in under an hour and served or stored in the fridge for the next few days. It also has the option to be low in carbohydrates if you omit the kidney beans.
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef, grass fed
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2-3 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 head of celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 T chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or Italian spices)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1, 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, organic
- 2, 6 oz. can tomato paste, organic
- 1, 16 oz. can kidney beans (if desired – omit for low carbohydrate option)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Shredded cheese, sliced green onions and sour cream for toppings
- Brown onion, green pepper and celery with olive oil in a large stock pan until onions are translucent.
- Add ground beef and chop with spatula to crumble. Continue cooking until meat is cooked through.
- Add garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne and tabasco.
- Stir and continue cooking until the spices are incorporated.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, water and beans if desired.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered for 15-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chopped green onions, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese!