These cookies are my husbands absolute favorite.
One night, in our first apartment as a married couple, I decided to make these delicious cookies. My husband and I we were also watching a show like the Biggest Loser. (I don’t know why I turned it on)
I made the cookies. He started eating them – with some almond milk, of course. He almost ate the whole pan.
Then, he realized we were watching a show about people working out and he was eating a whole pan of cookies. He expressed his frustration and I couldn’t help but keep from laughing.
It’s one of our favorite memories in that apartment!
And I told him, “At least the cookies are healthy”.
Prep time: 10 min // Cook time: 10 min
Servings: 8-10 cookies (depending on size)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup softened (or melted) butter or coconut oil (We prefer butter!)
- 1-2 tsp. Stevia
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 t baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, 85-90% cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix the almond flour, baking soda, stevia and salt in a bowl.
- Add the softened butter or coconut oil (or a mix of both). If using softened butter, you may need a hand or stand mixer to mix together well. If using melted butter or coconut oil, using a wooden spoon should be fine. It should form a thick dough that is hard to stir.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well. This should make the dough more formable and easier to mix. If needed, add a teaspoon or two of milk or water to thin. Finished dough should be easy to form.
- Add chocolate chips and stir by hand until incorporated. This time making them, I did not have chocolate chips on hand so I took a delicious dark chocolate sea salt burnt chocolate bar and crushed it in the tinfoil. I used half of the bar.
- Form dough into tablespoon size balls and bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops are starting to be golden brown. The centers will be somewhat soft, but they will continue to harden once they are removed.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes and serve.
My husband’s favorite verse:
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels or demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38 (NIV)