Adapted from: dietitiancassie.com
- A dozen eggs
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, ground and cooked
- One (5-8 ounce) bag of chopped, fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 cup of cooked vegetables (whatever you have on hand!)
- 2/3 cup of fresh tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup full fat cottage cheese (omit if dairy free)
- 2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream or full fat coconut milk (dairy free)
- Butter/olive oil (to grease pan)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a casserole dish (9″ x 13″) with butter or olive oil.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add cooked sausage, spinach, tomatoes, cooked vegetables, and full fat cottage cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with shredded full-fat cheese, salt, pepper and/or flax seed, if desired.
- Cut into six squares and either eat, refrigerate or freeze.
Notes: The sausage, vegetable choices and cottage cheese are completely optional. This recipe is very versatile. This is great to make on Sunday and freeze and refrigerate it in 6th’s for the rest of your week! This breakfast has the protein, carbohydrate and fat all in one that you need to have a great start to your day! You could add a handful of fresh fruit or ½ cup of sweet potato on the side for some starchy carb!