I LOVE this recipe from Maria Mind Body Health! It tastes like REAL ice cream and 1 serving is satisfying.
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (if using plain unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Heat erythritol and egg yolks in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir continuously until the mixture becomes twice the size as starting. Be careful not to burn mixture. Using a hand blender or immersion blender may be easier.
- Add the heavy cream once the mixture is twice the size and starts to foam. Carefully continue stirring until mixture is uniform.
- Take off the heat and add unsweetened almond milk and vanilla extract if using plain unsweetened almond milk.
- Place in a separate container to refrigerate until mixture is cool enough (4 hours to overnight).
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker and churn for 30-45 minutes until desired consistency is reached. Add whatever mix-ins you would like at this time!
Optional mix-ins: dairy free, sugar free chocolate chips, frozen fruit, fresh fruit, cinnamon, cherry or almond extract, homemade chocolate swirl drops
Homemade chocolate swirl drops
- Unsweetened, baking chocolate (1 oz)
- 2 T. butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- Add chocolate and butter/coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl or to a saucepan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat mixture 30 second increments, stirring in between, until mixture is melted. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- In a saucepan, continue stirring until mixture is melted and add remaining ingredients.
- Add mixture to last 5 minutes of ice cream churns.