These pancakes are perfect for a slow, Saturday morning. My husband and I love to sleep in on Saturday morning (without setting the alarm) and have a slow, easy start to the day. We love our fried eggs and bacon with these to really feel like we’re at a restaurant. If you don’t have a nut allergy, give these a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Servings: 16-18 pancakes
- 3 cups almond meal/flour
- 2 T baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Sweetener (your choice of): 1-2 T stevia, 1-2 T honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients until combined. If using honey for sweetener, incorporate this ingredient into the wet.
- Mix in the wet ingredients and ensure the batter is the proper thickness. It should not be too runny and should still be able to form fairly easy.
- Butter/coconut oil the skillet. Cook over medium heat until both sides are golden brown. Continue to add butter to the pan when you cook more pancakes for added flavor.
- Add almond butter (my favorite), fresh fruit or butter to the top of the pancakes and enjoy!