This casserole is the bomb. It is Whole30, gluten free, dairy free and low carb! My husband and I put it over greens with a paleo (dairy free) ranch dressing I had made! It was delicious and full of flavor.
This recipe is inspired by jaysbakingmecrazy.com. She has a buffalo chicken casserole that has very similar ingredients, I just made mine slightly lower carb.
- 1/2 large spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup carrots, diced (about 2-3 medium)
- 2 lb. cooked chicken
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing (dairy free)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a 13″x9″ pan.
- Cook squash beforehand.
- Sauté the onion, carrots and garlic until softened and cooked through. (Cook the chicken in a separate pan at this time if not cooked prior)
- Add spaghetti squash to a bowl and squeeze most of the water out. This will prevent the casserole from being too watery.
- Add the onion, carrots and garlic to the bowl. Then add the chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, salt, pepper and beaten eggs to the bowl. Stir well.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Optional to top with sliced green onions.
- Serve with greens and more ranch dressing!