This is a mix of different seeds and nuts to give you a healthy balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids! It can be a trail mix by omitting the honey, or the honey can be added to make it more into a sticky and sweet granola!
Servings: ~16 (1 serving = 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup raw mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- 2 T. coconut oil, unrefined
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Few pinches of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix all the nuts and seeds together in a large bowl.
- Add the honey (optional), coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Disperse among the baking sheets and place in the oven to roast for 15-20 minutes (consider flipping around some of the mix halfway through so that both sides can get roasted equally).
- Take out and let cool completely before storing in a airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
I received these containers from Crate & Barrel and love them! They came in 4 different sizes. I use them to store coffee, dry toppings for salads, and coconut flour!